Located in the northern area of South Korea, Baengma Battlefield was one of the bloodiest battlefields during the Korean War. After the battle, the area gave off a bad smell because of the dead bodies. The mountain area lost its original shape due to the severe battle, and as a result, the area was named “Baengmagoji” as it was said to resemble a white horse (Baengma) lying down.
Goseokjeong National Tourist Area (Goseokjeong Pavilion)
Goseokjeong Pavilion is the most scenic spot among the eight scenic views of Cheorwon. It is also the starting point for DMZ tours as the Iron Triangle Battlefield Conservation Office is located here.
Made by North Koreans to invade South Korea, the 2nd Tunnel was discovered on March 24, 1975. The use of this tunnel would allow for thirty thousand armed forces as well as tanks to pass through per hour. For now, the tunnel is operated as part of Cheorwon Security Tourism Course and many tourists visit this area every year.
Cheorwon Peace Observatory
Cheorwon Peace Observatory offers a panoramic view of the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone separating North and South Korea) in the central forward area of Cheorwon-gun, Gangwon-do.
Woljeong-ri Station (Iron Triangle Battlefield) is the last station before reaching the DMZ. Located at the spot where the fiercest battle was held during the Korean War, this train station marks the partition line of the Korean peninsula.
Cheorwon Korean Workers' Party Headquarters
This three-story building located in Cheorwon-eup was constructed in 1946 and used as the headquarters of the Labor Party until the break of the Korean War on June 25.
- Itinerary may be subject to change due to weather and road conditions or any other conditions of an operational nature.
- No minimum number of participants required for this tour; Tour operation guaranteed once booking is confirmed.
- Actual size and type of vehicle used depends on the number of participants.
- Please inform us in advance if you will be bringing along a baby stroller or wheelchair.
- Free for children aged under 36 months, but seats will not be available on the vehicle.